Parris Family Blog

The musings of our family mayhem. There's never a dull moment...what the heck did we do before kids?

Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's your story?

So I've always been somewhat quick to mention shortcomings and faults; I think because I have a sarcastic nature (though Aaron will tell you that it doesn't always come out as sarcasm). But today I want to highlight the positive and something that I find to be amazing about Aaron. He is a great evangelist. He does it in disguise at times, and then other times you see his boldness. I often forget about this quality when we're going about our daily lives.

Our church has recently been doing a sermon series called, "What's Your Story?" Each week, Pastor Chris has highlighted a person/family within the congregation and ties it into a passage from the Bible. We knew this weekend would be all about Brad, a young guy who Aaron met in the basketball league.

Aaron mentioned that he'd been interviewed for Brad's video, but didn't think he'd be more than a few seconds in the story. Well, much to my surprise, Aaron was VERY instrumental in Brad's story. Brad really credits Aaron for helping lead him to Christ. I hope you'll take a minute to view the video at the website below. The video is titled "Brad & Aaron". If you have time, view some of the other stories as well; it is extremely powerful.

What's Your Story videos

Watching this reminded me just how blessed I am, and how blessed my girls are to have such a wonderful father. I hope you will all honor the men that lead your households. I know they all do so many wonderful things for your life and for the Kingdom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home