Parris Family Blog

The musings of our family mayhem. There's never a dull moment...what the heck did we do before kids?

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Maren!


It's time to celebrate the birthday girl! Maren is already one year old. In so many ways, I cannot believe it has been a whole year, but on the other hand, I feel like she has always been with us. I love the way she lights up when she sees you. I love the way her big sister cracks her up. I love the way she snuggles up against you when she's sleepy. I love her big blue eyes and her brown curls. Every time I look at her, I'm more amazed at the beautiful gift she is. For these reasons and so many more, I wish Maren a happy birthday and look forward to those to come.


We celebrated Maren's birthday over Labor Day weekend, and had her party at the lake. Unfortunately, it rained all morning, but by the time we were done with lunch and cake, the sun was shining. We ended up having a great day together.

Maren was wiped out by the time she opened her presents, but she was in good form overall.



I'll just add that trying to get a decent family photo of us is like trying to move a mountain...and one of the REALLY big ones. I don't know how families of 5, 6, 7, 15 (OK, maybe not that many) ever get a good family picture.


This is what I refer to as Maren's "oh" face. She does it when she gets hurt, drops something, or is generally looking for a reaction. It's so fun (and easy) to make her do it!


She definitely enjoyed her first (well, first authorized) taste of cake. Aaron was a little upset that I didn't give her a whole cake to dive into, but I think the same result was achieved...


This is really just for me??


I can fit this whole thing in my mouth, right?


Mmmm, that's good!


So, I thought I should get a picture of Maren on her actual birthday. I put her in her cute little cupcake shirt, scooped her up off the floor, and plopped her in a chair. I guess I shouldn't have grabbed her while she was playing. But I thought she'd look cuter without the toy in the picture; big mistake!


So I gave it back (you can still see the tears in her eyes).


And there's a smile! This is one of things I love about Maren. The girl can give you drama in a split second, but it can be gone the next. Quick to react, quick to get over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home