Parris Family Blog

The musings of our family mayhem. There's never a dull moment...what the heck did we do before kids?

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Big eyes, big beds, big snowmen

We often comment on just how big Maren's eyes are in relation to her relatively small size (she is a baby). So here I thought I'd show that her eyes get as big as saucers when she's in her exersaucer -- corny, I know, but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to me actually updating the blog.


Another favorite pastime is the toy we affectionately call "quackers". Now quackers has seen a lot of miles, starting with my first nephew, Alex. Let's just say he now has his driver's license, so this thing’s been around the block! Still holding strong though...


So of course, when you have child number 2, child number 1 suddenly needs a new bed to sleep in.


I hate to admit it, but this was my bedding...from high school. What can I say, I was a Disney-addict!


Maren's been very gracious, hanging out in her bassinet in our closet for the first five months of life (which I'm now realizing I NEVER took a picture of...) Serious second child syndrome. No way you'd let your first baby go this long without her own nursery! But better late than never I always say (or at least that's my motto these days). And, as you will see, she still doesn't really have her own room.



She does have a nice wall hanging that says "Maren" (thanks Aunt Kelly), and at least half the closet is actually her stuff. But come on, she's little! How much space does she really need to call her own??


Being somewhat tied down with an infant, I didn't get to watch or join much of the snow frolicking, but Kayla got her fill of sledding and playing in the snow.


And let me just preempt all of you before you start making comments, insults, etc., about this next picture. Yes, this is the third winter Kayla’s worn those snow pants (the coat only two); yes, the coat’s too small, the snow pants look likes she’s preparing for the flood, and the boots are several sizes too big. But when your cousin (thanks, Mari!) sends you hand-me-downs, you make it work.

Here she finally tripped and smashed her little snowman. Fear not, she rebuilds him too!

Layer 1:

Layer 2:

Layer 3:

Ta da!

Aaron and his friend Josh, also worked to build the most ridiculously gigantic snowmen they could, which you knew were never going to melt!



At least we know she’s not afraid of heights.



And I couldn’t end all of these winter festivities without mentioning the “snow-mo-deal” (almost, Kayla), and Aaron’s failed attempt to revive it. Cousin Alex busted it a couple years ago, and Aaron thought he could get it going again. Now I’ve got that thing crammed into my garage too. Awesome. I hate to say I told you so, but…oh who am I kidding, I don’t hate to say it!


Here’s a few more pics of our cutie girls.



This was my favorite top for Kayla this winter. The color combo was just right for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home