Parris Family Blog

The musings of our family mayhem. There's never a dull moment...what the heck did we do before kids?

Friday, November 04, 2011

Can You Believe She's 6?!


Kayla turned 6 on November 4th, and I prepared myself for her first "friends" party.  I can only handle so much Chuck-E-Cheese and Bouncer Town, so we decided to keep the festivities in our home, and limit the guest list to her age.  That meant 8 little girls (including Kayla and Maren) that were ready to party!


There are some really amazing bakeries around us, so I decided to try one out for Kayla's birthday cake this year.  It took me FOREVER to decide, but I eventually settled on cupcakes that would have the Barbie theme Kayla wanted.  I thought I was going to be able to get the Barbie silhouette, but they ended up not having it anymore.  So the "B" is to simulate the Barbie "B".  We also took princess cupcakes into Kayla's kindergarten class at school.  Fortunately we had some left over for the birthday party, because Kayla (and pretty much all of the girls) ended up not even liking these strawberry ones!  Unfortunately, Aaron and I thought they were the best cupcakes ever...now we crave these things!



As each guest's "party favor" the girls decorated a pink shirt with iron-on decals that I found at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  They arranged them, and Aaron ironed them on (notice him in the background with the ironing board!).  I thought they turned out great, so hopefully the girls thought so too!  But now I'm fresh out of ideas, so who knows what next year's birthday celebration will look like.



You think I would have made the effort to get a picture without the net in the shot, but not so much!

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Silver said...

WE can't believe she's 6!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home