Parris Family Blog

The musings of our family mayhem. There's never a dull moment...what the heck did we do before kids?

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

In the quiet

As much as I despise getting up early in the morning, there is something to be said for the peace and quiet in the house before Aaron and Kayla wake up. For some reason, I was overwhelmed by it this particular morning, and I started to reflect on all the things I'm thankful for. Yes, I hear all of you exclaiming that I was supposed to do this during Thanksgiving, but somehow you get caught up in the "holiday" of it all and forget to stop and think.

I was looking at a friend's pictures this morning, of her daughter that was born the day before Thanksgiving. Seeing her little girl reminds me how much Kayla has changed in the last year. Don't get me wrong, I'm soooo glad we're past the early infant stage, but I also know she'll never be that way again. Thankfully she comes running up to me with a big smile on her face, saying "mama" and I realize each day is better than the last.

What a wonderful blessing all of my family and friends are, but I am truly thankful for Aaron and Kayla. They make each day worthwhile, and I couldn't be happier about our life. Yes, there may be piles of laundry, stacks of papers, and too many phone calls to return, but to be loved by your husband and daughter, there's nothing better on this earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home