Parris Family Blog

The musings of our family mayhem. There's never a dull moment...what the heck did we do before kids?

Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh how quickly...

...time passes. I had hoped to keep this updated frequently, but you might notice that my first entry was about two months ago. It's just not as easy as I thought! Well, we've been quite busy since July, so I'll try to share some pictures of the highlights.

In mid July, Aaron was fortunate enough to go to El Salvador with our church for a basketball mission trip. Aaron's younger brother, Isaac, was also on the trip as well and it was an amazing opportunity for both of them.



In August we made it back for Jubilee Days, in the town where my parents grew up. My Dad was celebrating his 40-year high school reunion, so we snapped some shots of his ride! This was also Kayla's very first parade (though I use this term loosely). She took in all the sounds without much reaction, though she did seem a little disturbed when all the fire trucks first turned on their sirens.

One of the best parts of jubilee days is the food (elephant ears, funnel cakes, etc.) and there happened to be one vendor that had an interesting name:


The following weekend we loaded up a huge rental van and went to Minnesota for Annie's wedding (Aaron's cousin). Aaron's dad, Gregg, was kind enough to drive both ways so the rest of us (Aaron, me, Aaron's mom-Beth and Isaac), could enjoy the ride. Beth will never be able to live down the legacy of her food packing. We had enough to feed an army, but I can't argue with how nice it was to know we had exactly what I might be craving at any moment.

The wedding went very well, and everyone looked beautiful. But I have to say we really enjoyed going to the Mall of America. Isaac, Aaron, and I enjoyed the log ride and roller coaster that are in the center of this massive place. They were a lot of fun.

Labor Day weekend meant Metzger Reunion! Beth's side of the family orchestrates this annual gathering of family members to Camp Clifton, a 4-H camp near Dayton, OH. They have horseshoe tournaments, euchre, high ropes climbing (with a zip line), and tons of other activities to enjoy. It rained all day Saturday, but we had great weather for Sunday in spite of it being a little cool. Kayla officially survived her first reunion and I'm sure will grow to love this annual event in the years to come.

Well, I think that gets us somewhat caught up for now. No promises that it won't be another 2 months before I get back on here, but I'll try to be more proactive. Enjoy the pictures of some of these events and then just some cute ones of Kayla!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home